Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summertiiiiime....

I don't know when it happened, but I kind of love summer now. I always dreaded hot weather. Maybe because of my questionable fashion choices in high school: deathly pallor and a solid black wardrobe aren't the wisest sartorial moves when it's 90 degrees outside. Now I find I look forward to the sun on my skin, to the way the heat makes my body feel loose and languid. 
What I notice most is the smell of everything when it's hot out. The jungle-damp smell of our backyard at the end of an afternoon in the sprinklers, the combined scents of hot asphalt and syrupy jasmine in the parking lot when I leave work, and, best of all, the sweaty, earthy, salty sweetness of sun-warmed kids. *Sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

You paint a nice picture, sister! Can you come over and paint it at our house?

June 19, 2008 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home