Friday, February 22, 2008

somethin's happenin' here

It seems there has been some sort of internal shift. For the good. I realized that I haven't been blogging for fear of waking the apparently sleeping beast within. I feel calm, happy and content. Shhhh! Not so loud! I read this book set in the 1400's and it made me think about how little we need to exist, really. In the book there was a distinction made between porridge with salt and porridge without. Salt in the porridge was a treat. Seriously. I guess what I am trying to convey is the sense of simplicity that has taken over. I am cooking a lot. Soups and stews and peasanty stuff. Making cookies with honey and stone ground wheat and oats. 15th century gourmet. I am really reluctant to examine it much further for fear of over-thinking it, so, good-day and anon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

Maybe your brain could clue my brain in... XOXO

February 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home