Friday, February 8, 2008

Phi Kappa Ella

Living with Ella is like living with a four-foot tall frat boy. A frat boy who is really into puppies, but still. She is loud, makes obnoxious sounds with her body and trashes whatever room she is in. She will often throw her arm around my neck, delirious with laughter and slur,"I love you, Mom!" while licking my face. Plus, she is always happy to show you her naked ass. 

She is comfortable in her body and mind in a way I don't think I ever was. She does not censor herself. She doesn't give a damn about being nice to people she doesn't like. She sees no reason why she cannot have whatever it is that she wants at any given moment. These things send the parental parts of me into a panic. I want to squash that selfishness. I want her to be kind. But another part of me looks at her with something like awe. She is not trying to impress anyone. She is 100% Ella. I am almost intimidated by how cool that is. If I am lucky and brave, maybe we can meet somewhere on her side of the middle. I need to become much more like her than she needs to be like me. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

Ella ROCKS!


and so do you!

February 8, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home