Thursday, June 26, 2008

The bounce house is coming! The bounce house is coming!

Saturday is Finn and Ella's combined b-day party. I am trying to keep it as simple and low-key as possible (except for the bounce house), but it gets expensive fast. We have gone to Build-A-Bear parties where each kid gets to make a stuffed animal, parties with treasure hunts and customized framed pictures of the b-day kid with each guest, parties with Hannah Montana look-alikes and on and on. What happened to cake, a hot game of pin the tail on the donkey, here's your balloon and goodbye? It seems like we have forgotten how little it takes for kids to have fun. I trying to think of party favors that won't just be another piece of cluttery junk when the kids get home. I would love to give sparklers since it will be close to the 4th of July, but I doubt the parents would appreciate that. Any suggestions? Anyone with me to overthrow the current over-the top party regime? Well, I'm off to obsessively clean my house so I can impress the kiddies!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Gaea said...

I say dump a pile of harse pucky in the back yard and let the kids hunt for the pony. Just kidding. I think it is your zip code dahlink. You and Yvonne could swap hideous W.L.V. b-day party stories. We are in the under-the-top area of town. But we are really looking forward to your party!

June 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Lorelei Eurto said...

Gaea, that is hilarious. Still laughing!
I think the bounce house will be a huge hit. My niece and nephew just had a big kid party and they had an ENORMOUS "jumpy" (as they call it) Non-stop jumping- those poor kids little legs hurt all night long!
Good times.

June 27, 2008 at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home