Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sprung

As much as I love, and I do mean LOVE, cold and rainy weather, there comes a time when something in me shifts and I'm just ready to feel some sun on my skin. I know I'm getting ready when the smell of freshly mowed grass is exciting rather than somehow annoying. Ta-da! Spring!

I am feeling very grateful today. I know Easter is not the holiday where I am supposed to list what I am thankful for, but I am just not in the mood in November. So, here goes:

I am thankful for a husband who loves me, even when I am trying my hardest to be un-loveable.

I am thankful for children with different (and often difficult) temperaments. I have learned so many things and been reminded that I really don't think there is one right way to be in this world.

I am thankful for the ocean because it doesn't care a thing about all the problems that overwhelm me.

I am thankful for a cat who wants to sit on my lap.

I am thankful for books and words and all the endless stories that can come from the arrangement of 26 letters.

I am thankful for you, a friend who was surely a sister in another life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home