Thursday, June 11, 2009

More like 73% cocoa extra-dark

Kindergarten was fun,
We made many new friends.
We worked, played and sang there,
Hope we all meet again.

If I possessed the technical ability to embed a video, you could hear the above words sung with gut-wrenching sweetness by 17 about-to-be-former kindergarteners. And then you would be on the floor in a puddle of your own tears. So, you're welcome for my lameness. 

Today was the last day of school. I am usually fine with it, but I am so insanely in love with my kids right now, that any indication of time moving on (with the resulting growing older of said kids) is just totally unacceptable. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I cannot get enough of them.  Yesterday I told Ella I love her so many times that by the end of the day, if I called her name, she would just say, "I love you too, Mom." Also, if I could walk around with my nose permanently burrowed into Finn's hair, that would be great.  

All of which would be fine if I could just stay in the moment and enjoy it, but the more I adore them (of course, I have ALWAYS loved them, obviously, but we have reached a new level, you see), the more I want to shove my face into Ella's mouth and smell her kitten breath, the more I think about the fact that they will one day hate me and avoid me and LEAVE. This must be the French part of me. The part that sees the end in everything. What is wrong with me?

On a totally unrelated note: Hi Gaea! I miss you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

Was I thinking about you guys all day? Yes. Were your names brought up in casual conversation? About 10 times! Should we get together soon? Fuck yah! I miss you!

June 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home