Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lice are gross

I wouldn't wish lice on anyone. Well, maybe Hitler or the devil. But the devil would probably like 'em.  Anyway, there is nothing quite like playing host to a colony of critters. I don't recommend it. 

Ella brought them home from school and shared them with me. We then spent a week with various concoctions on our heads for long periods of time, followed by tedious combing and much howling from Ella. Then washing and drying every fabric thing, quarantine-ing all the stuffed animals, lint-rolling everything that couldn't be washed, vacuumed or stuffed in a bag. And we still had them. Ugh. I had to call in a professional. Who knew such a job existed? Professional nit-picker. Amazing. 

Well, Rona used her heirloom nit-comb and her experienced eye to de-louse us but good. The bugs may be gone, but the trauma lingers. I think I will feel itchy forever. YUCK!


2 Comments:

Blogger Gaea said...

I am seriously sorry! Can I get you a brain wipe of the entire ordeal for your birthday? I think the word verification thingy is reading all the posts today it wants me to type "ledic"! I think it's trying to spell LICE!!! Scary! Calm. Blue. Ocean. XOXOXOXO

January 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Lorelei Eurto said...

ugh. been there. done that. when I was in college. worst experience EVER.

Erase it from your mind.

that's the best thing.

January 15, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home